I think a lot in the car. I just realized that today as I was driving. I think about everything, sometimes things just pop into my head like, 'I like so and so'. Or I come up with a great idea. Or I think about someone I know who is struggling with something or I think of my own struggles and how I can work on those.
Speaking of which, prayers are sure answered in funny (as in ironic) ways. I had one of those funny/ironic lessons yesterday. Just a warning: ask to be humbled (as I have been for the last couple of days) and the resulting possibilities are endless. Things of the following nature might happen to you: being approached by salespeople in the middle of a parking lot trying to sell you something when you've had little sleep and food, not to mention you have dirty clothes and bad hair as you've spent the last few hours working in a dust factory. The main thing on your mind is 'I want to go home'. Meanwhile, you're trying to muster up as much understanding you can and not be rude to someone who's trying to do their job, granted not in the most convenient location or timing for you. Plus, you're not enjoying the person's sales tactics which includes talking a lot and not wanting you to talk, but just agree with what they say. To top it all off, the salesperson let's you know that you don't look very excited at the prospect of their 'awesome deal'. Although this ordeal took a mere few minutes of my time, it sure was significant because it made me feel inadequate and powerless. I can look at the situation now and find it amusing, but in that moment there was nothing to laugh about. It was just an awkward moment in which I felt I didn't handle very well. Later I realized that I did the best I could in that situation and that is a lesson I have been trying to learn for the last year or so. And that my friends, is definitely humbling.
Moral: Ask and you shall receive. Oh, and also, timing is everything.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
Tonight, I've got a lot on my mind. The weeks go by so fast, too fast it seems at times. I don't think I've ever had as full day...
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
Today I heard something....I don't remember where I heard it or who said it or the history of it, but it goes like this: If you accept t...
-
"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step. Only the one who keeps an eye fixed on the far horizon will find th...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
October 20th was Mo (my beautiful friend) andParm's engagement ceremony/celebration. We had lots of fun and danced the until our feet we...
Thursday, May 12, 2005
"A few times I've been around that track So it's not just gonna happen like that"
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i think a lot in the car too. When i'm not singing at the top of my lungs that is. that's one of the reasons i really like driving. it's me time.
And i understand the 'i just wanna go home' feeling and the 'i feel like yuck' feeling all too well. you are a good girl fatsy domino. a good gurl that never does nothin wrong at all.
In fact I do plenty wrong otherwise I'd be perfection. But thanks I feel sheepish and don't know what to say 'cept nothin' but the bluuuues...
Post a Comment