Sometimes people just need a day to themselves to do things for themselves. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Think about the last time you had a whole day to yourself. What did you do? What did you enjoy about it? How did it make you feel? Why is it we don't do this as often as we should? Some people may not like the idea of spending a whole day by themselves, but I love it. It rejuvenates me.
I think this quote expresses exactly what I feel when I spend time alone doing the things I love doing that I don't get a chance to do often enough...this is such a sweet and real quote.
"I have, as it were, my own sun and moon and stars, and a little world all to myself." - Henry David Thoreau
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
Tonight, I've got a lot on my mind. The weeks go by so fast, too fast it seems at times. I don't think I've ever had as full day...
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
Today I heard something....I don't remember where I heard it or who said it or the history of it, but it goes like this: If you accept t...
-
"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step. Only the one who keeps an eye fixed on the far horizon will find th...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
October 20th was Mo (my beautiful friend) andParm's engagement ceremony/celebration. We had lots of fun and danced the until our feet we...
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
"Some people think that the physical things define what's within; And I've been there before; And that life's a bore; So full of the superficial"
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment