Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Party for Priya's birthday last summer in June. Here's Priya showing me the Dora backpack that one of her friend's gave to her. She loves Dora.
Isn't she cute?! One time, I believe she was 3 or 4, we were hanging out in her room and she said to me 'I like being with you.' I was surprised that such a young person would think to say something like that. She sure caught me off guard. Looks like I need to be schooled.
I think that sometimes we forget that a child's view is a human view. With deepness and lightness and novelty. This is what comes from a pure heart. Wouldn't it be nice if we could live more that way everyday and not be bound by fears that hold us back from connecting deeply within ourselves? Children have such a gift for that. Speaking of gifts, I have been having great feelings for this year to come and I hope all of you have made special goals, wishes or whatever you want to call them, that you'd like to accomplish or simply continue doing. I am excited about mine. I hope all of you are excited about yours too.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(32)
-
▼
January
(7)
- Everybody seems to be getting what they need where...
- Look into my eyes Can't you see they're open wide?
- It's a new dawn It's a new day It's a new life f...
- Fast lane High speed On the grind 24/7
- So take these words And sing out loud Cuz everyone...
- Maybe Sunday Come on Monday Baby anytime this week...
- And I couldn't tell you but I'm telling you now J...
-
▼
January
(7)
Popular Posts
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
We all have so much to be thankful for in our everyday lives. I have thought a lot about this today in relation to the events in Asia. If yo...
-
I heard the above song on the radio the other day and I immediately thought: Bart Scruggs. And I listened to the song and smiled. I went to ...
-
Last night was my Aunty's 40th birthday party. Thanks be to Shereen who basically made all the food and all the preparations. She is a ...
-
I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me f...
-
The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: "A Most Illogical Holiday" (1968) Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on...
-
This weekend I was going through some of my papers and memoribilia. What a walk down memory lane. It's funny how we put meaningful thi...
-
Writing has always been an important style of expression for me. I do it with my mind firmly planted in truth. It is paramount to the kinds ...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
So take these words And sing out loud Cuz everyone is forgiven now Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment