Happy Birthday to my cousin Preeya. She told me that she is six years old. I asked her if she was the 'special person' at school today. She said she was. She is very special to me because she is really the only child I have known since she was born. And the first time I got a glimpse of what a mother must feel towards their child. I don't know what that's like from first hand experience, but I feel that need to protect and her hurts seem to be magnified way above my own.
If I am ever blessed with a child, I hope he/she will look at me the way Preeya looks at her mom. I am lucky that I have so many great examples of mothers around me.
I have a lot to say, but sometimes it's when you have a lot to say that you can't find the words to express it. This is one of those.... sometimes I guess you have to be okay with that until you find the words or until the words find you.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
Sometimes people just need a day to themselves to do things for themselves. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Think about the last time ...
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
Happy Birthday to my cousin Preeya. She told me that she is six years old. I asked her if she was the 'special person' at school to...
-
These past few weeks have been very interesting. I've been learning a lot about my family and myself as a product of my family. What I ...
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Cause if you will, I will Try to let it go And if you try, I'll try Try to let it show
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment