Speaking of which, I saw a lovely boat last night. It sure was pretty and shiny. It sparkled. Kind of like mini yacht. Something like Seth would have on the OC. Ahhh Seth.
Why does the phone ring when you don't want it to?
First day of school was really good. My HR Management class. I didn't feel like going as I didn't get enough sleep the night before and it was a busy day at work. When you have to use your brain so much throughout the day problem solving for others, the thought of going to school and doing a few more hours of it isn't always appealing. However, I got to class and saw that the seating arrangement had us all sitting in a circle. All 9 of us. 8 women and 1 guy. Marty--he's a lucky man. What I absolutely enjoy about my class is that we discuss real issues in the workplace and the possible solutions. The problems make you think critically of all possible solutions, not just the right and wrong way. The class is more of a seminar than a lecture. Our teacher gives us an HR question and we have to work in our groups to come up with an answer then present it and discuss. That's basically the way the class is designed. I think I will like it.
I like my teacher Alex. He laughed at my jokes. But then, so did everyone else. So, in that class the participation mark is quite high, 25%. So basically it's a giveaway that you should have some relevant things to say in class. He let us go early that day too, and I was thankful b/c I was quite tired. However, I felt like I put in a good day's work.
Another teacher I am going to enjoy. I made a point to tell the guy upstairs thank you for blessing me with such great teachers. I was getting swells of tears in my eyes thinking about it.
I also started my Management class. There's a lot of work in that one. 10 assignments. That's quite a bit.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(50)
-
▼
September
(6)
- I wanna run with a reckless emotion;Find out if lo...
- Earth spins and your mind goes round; Green comes ...
- There's a wind in my sails; Will protect and preva...
- And there are voices that want to be heard; So muc...
- Pull out the stops- Got your attention; I guess it...
- I wish that I could believe that there's a day you...
-
▼
September
(6)
Popular Posts
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
Sometimes people just need a day to themselves to do things for themselves. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Think about the last time ...
-
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to h...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
Jawn you asked the question about my experiences of eliminating redundancy. I think I've been trying to do that in different aspects of...
Thursday, September 15, 2005
There's a wind in my sails; Will protect and prevail; I just spent 6 months in a leaky boat; Nothing to it leaky boat
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment