So many of you know that I had a job with the government years ago facilitating violence prevention workshops throughout this great Province of ours. It was one of the most difficult and greatest times of my life. A true growing experience. A lot of you have heard me talk about those experiences and so now that the timing seems to be right (hope I'm not breaking some sort of Gov't statute of limitations) I am publishing some of the photos I collected over that span of time. Most of the people in these pictures became like family because we spent so much time working together, travelling together, eating and sleeping together. It was a very unique working experience, one that I know I'll never have again.
I don't think any of you have seen any of these... I hope they will be interesting to you. Being that Blogger seems to only be allowing me to publish four pictures in one post, I'll be publishing a series, a mini-series if you will. Let's begin....
Our first road trip to Smithers with Ryan and Travis where we worked for a week. Here is the view from my room at the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in. Yes, a McDonald's right across the street which served as our dinner the first night we were there. I had the two cheeseburger meal and yes, I do remember it well. Ryan was in heaven because McDonald's was all he ever ate. This caused some tension between him and Travis due to the resulting unappealing smells in their room. 
Within an hour of our arrival, it started to snow. Travis and I went across the street to this little park area to frolic. That's our hotel in the background.
Us in the school gym prepping for a show. Travis paced and walked around a lot, Ryan usually slept, and I took pictures and sat in a spot.
I told Travis to do something that was 'him'. So this is what he gave me. It was fitting.

You're probably wondering why I don't have any pictures of Ryan from this trip. That's because he was asleep for most of it. No joke.
More pics to come from various adventures....
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
We all have so much to be thankful for in our everyday lives. I have thought a lot about this today in relation to the events in Asia. If yo...
-
I heard the above song on the radio the other day and I immediately thought: Bart Scruggs. And I listened to the song and smiled. I went to ...
-
Last night was my Aunty's 40th birthday party. Thanks be to Shereen who basically made all the food and all the preparations. She is a ...
-
I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me f...
-
The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: "A Most Illogical Holiday" (1968) Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on...
-
This weekend I was going through some of my papers and memoribilia. What a walk down memory lane. It's funny how we put meaningful thi...
-
Writing has always been an important style of expression for me. I do it with my mind firmly planted in truth. It is paramount to the kinds ...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
Sunday, November 05, 2006
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment