This weekend I made the big trek to Surrey to spend with my parents. I haven’t seen my parents in about a month. It was nice to sleep in my old bed in my old room. The familiarity is a comfort. That is what is nice about your parents’ home. You always feel comfort and safety there. I wish everyone could feel that way.
I had a great weekend visiting with my family. I miss my mom. There are a lot of things I am realizing now that I am on my own and have responsibilities that I didn’t have living with my parents. I am so lucky to have the kind of parents that I have. They have made my life a lot easier and have helped me to live the life I now live. Once I was such a big presence in my mom’s life and now I am not so much. I guess the presence is just different. I sat in my mom’s room as she was getting ready and she said to me, ‘So how’s life?’. It felt really strange for a second when she asked me that. I think because it felt like she was talking to me as not only her daughter, but as a friend. Almost like her equal!
My mom is such an amazing woman. She’s taught me everything I know. Her influence is quite apparent in everything that I do now that I have my own home and the responsibility to take care of my soon to be husband. I know what to do from watching her. If only she knew how much. I think she does by seeing how happy I am and how much my life has changed in the last short while. I also know, now more than ever, that I still need my mother.
When I came back home from my weekend away, Daman told me that whenever I come home, there is a calm and peace. He said that’s what happens when you are an angel. That’s what happens when you walk in the warmth of your mother’s love.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
We all have so much to be thankful for in our everyday lives. I have thought a lot about this today in relation to the events in Asia. If yo...
-
I heard the above song on the radio the other day and I immediately thought: Bart Scruggs. And I listened to the song and smiled. I went to ...
-
Last night was my Aunty's 40th birthday party. Thanks be to Shereen who basically made all the food and all the preparations. She is a ...
-
I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me f...
-
The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: "A Most Illogical Holiday" (1968) Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on...
-
This weekend I was going through some of my papers and memoribilia. What a walk down memory lane. It's funny how we put meaningful thi...
-
Writing has always been an important style of expression for me. I do it with my mind firmly planted in truth. It is paramount to the kinds ...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
Sunday, March 28, 2010
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me And the peaceful quiet you create for me And the way you keep the world at bay for me
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that's a beautiful post. You do bring calm and peace. i always noticed it when you were around. You're awesome Fatima. Daman is a lucky guy :)
you are such a fauceteer. love this post bud.
Thank you Karey! You are awesome too.
Laura, what can I say, I am a founding member of the fauceteers.
Post a Comment