Monday, April 25, 2005

"I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd Cause these words are my diary screamin out loud And I know you'll use them however you want to"

Conversations with Mom

I walk into the kitchen

Mom (from the couch in front of the TV): Eat some of the lettuce I brought today.

Me: Whaaaat?

Mom: I brought some lettuce today and you have to eat some with your dinner.

Me: But I already have a whole box of lettuce I have to eat!

Mom: But this is good lettuce.

Me: All lettuce is the same.
(I walk over to look at the lettuce mom is talking about)

Mom: This lettuce tastes very good. (still from the couch)

Me: This looks like normal lettuce to me.

Mom: It's very tasty because I chopped it myself.

Me: Mooooooom! (I sit down and start to eat the lettuce).

The moral: Mothers win most of the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear THAT!! and if they don't win at first...they'll keep at it until they win. so...to keep sane...just let them.

Lady of Light said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lady of Light said...

Ahhh, mother/daughter moments! Let's remember them when we have our own daughters. I hear a John Mayer song coming on....

Rizoh said...

A mother is a divine gift, there's only one for each of us.
Nice blog

Lady of Light said...

You are right. Mom's are gifts to us and we should try to remember that as often as possible. They know us well, and that's why they have that affect on us. Whether we acknowledge it or not. Thanks for reading!