I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me for not having my dinner until much too late, but I confessed to her that I only had about 3 hours of sleep last night. I worked then did homework for the rest of the day. She would be appalled that I have not gone to bed yet. However, I felt like I needed to write a little. It's nice that I have someone who will scold me. Someone who cares about the fact that I 'forgot' to eat or that I didn't get enough sleep and wants to know why. Some people go throughout the day, not believing that anyone cares about them.
I guess when someone cares about you, you should just let them. Why does that seem like such a hard thing to do sometimes? It's because of the V word. Vulnerability. It can pick you up and twirl you around in the sky until you feel like you're flying and then spiral you down and drill a hole to the depths of the ocean floor just as quickly. Sometimes you want to pull the chute. Other times you need the search and rescue. Most times, you probably just need to open your eyes and see the ground steady below. Or as my beloved friend of yesterday, Travis would say, look to the stars and know that when you look up there in our everchanging lives, that there's something in this universe that stays constant. Actually, that wasn't Travis, that was me who said that. We were in Smithers, BC of all places. Those stars were the most beautiful I ever saw- big, bright, and alive. I felt like they were reachable and I could touch them.
Maybe that's why God gives us the gift of vulnerability. After all, when we are in that state, we are more innocent and humble, almost childlike. And like the stars- big, bright, and alive. Maybe if we embraced our vulnerabilities and saw how beautiful they were, we could be more reachable to those who are waiting to touch our lives. It's something I will try and keep in mind this week. I think that is a nice thought to sleep on.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Popular Posts
-
Tonight, I've got a lot on my mind. The weeks go by so fast, too fast it seems at times. I don't think I've ever had as full day...
-
Today I heard something....I don't remember where I heard it or who said it or the history of it, but it goes like this: If you accept t...
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
October 20th was Mo (my beautiful friend) andParm's engagement ceremony/celebration. We had lots of fun and danced the until our feet we...
-
I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me f...
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment