Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's a new dawn It's a new day It's a new life for me And I'm feeling so good....

As a result of numerous events and tonight's thought provoking experience, the late night discussion concerns Possibilities and Realities. What are the things that are your Possibilities in life? What are your Realities? Are these lists separate or are they on the same page? The hardest question of all is do you want to make your Possibilities into Realities? If the answer is yes, how are you doing it currently? If no, how do you go about doing just that? Makes for very interesting conversation I think.

When I think about all of this, the question of 'what would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?' comes to mind. The author of the quote evades me at the moment. This question is one that I have asked myself when I am faced with a decision. I've always found it to lead me to a clear answer, although that has not always guaranteed an easy road. Nothing in life that you desire and feel passionate about it ever easy. I am continually surprised when I witness people spending more time and energy looking for an easy way to do something or doing nothing rather than investing themselves fully into something they want to accomplish. We have an amazing ability to achieve! It's almost a disservice to be stagnant when we are blessed with the ability to turn Possibilites into Realities. Meaningful things take time and effort and hard work. They take discipline and determination. Sometimes to the point where you feel like you are wrung out of those things, howver, the knowing that you will be replenished remains within. And that is the miracle of the creation of meaning. I feel that it is a luxury to me.

What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

0 comments: