Monday, January 09, 2006

Maybe Sunday Come on Monday Baby anytime this week Get an old house Find a backyard Buy some flowers down the street

Here is a photo of me in a sari. Take a good look because it doesn't happen very often! It was one of my first times wearing one. That's my Aunt standing behind me because she didn't want to be in the picture. She did an awesome job of tying my sari on Nina and Punit's wedding reception that day. It was super hot that day and this was taken just before I jetted off. What you don't see in this shot is the hand-held fan on the table that my mom was fanning me with (with some protest) while my aunt busily wrapped, measured, pleated, and tucked right before this picture was taken. I was sweating- not pretty. I have one tiny pin holding everything in place. One pin to hold the drape on my shoulder. Later, I realized that we forgot to put a pin in to reinforce the pleats. Luckily, I had some pins in my purse and I did that at the reception in the bathroom. Two pins is pretty amazing to hold everything together. No sweat. Hehhehheh. Posted by Picasa

0 comments: