Here is a photo of me in a sari. Take a good look because it doesn't happen very often! It was one of my first times wearing one. That's my Aunt standing behind me because she didn't want to be in the picture. She did an awesome job of tying my sari on Nina and Punit's wedding reception that day. It was super hot that day and this was taken just before I jetted off. What you don't see in this shot is the hand-held fan on the table that my mom was fanning me with (with some protest) while my aunt busily wrapped, measured, pleated, and tucked right before this picture was taken. I was sweating- not pretty. I have one tiny pin holding everything in place. One pin to hold the drape on my shoulder. Later, I realized that we forgot to put a pin in to reinforce the pleats. Luckily, I had some pins in my purse and I did that at the reception in the bathroom. Two pins is pretty amazing to hold everything together. No sweat. Hehhehheh.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(32)
-
▼
January
(7)
- Everybody seems to be getting what they need where...
- Look into my eyes Can't you see they're open wide?
- It's a new dawn It's a new day It's a new life f...
- Fast lane High speed On the grind 24/7
- So take these words And sing out loud Cuz everyone...
- Maybe Sunday Come on Monday Baby anytime this week...
- And I couldn't tell you but I'm telling you now J...
-
▼
January
(7)
Popular Posts
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Maybe it is this time of year that brings with it a reflection of the events of the past ...
-
"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step. Only the one who keeps an eye fixed on the far horizon will find th...
-
I heard the above song on the radio the other day and I immediately thought: Bart Scruggs. And I listened to the song and smiled. I went to ...
-
We all have so much to be thankful for in our everyday lives. I have thought a lot about this today in relation to the events in Asia. If yo...
-
Last night was my Aunty's 40th birthday party. Thanks be to Shereen who basically made all the food and all the preparations. She is a ...
-
The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: "A Most Illogical Holiday" (1968) Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on...
-
This weekend I was going through some of my papers and memoribilia. What a walk down memory lane. It's funny how we put meaningful thi...
-
Writing has always been an important style of expression for me. I do it with my mind firmly planted in truth. It is paramount to the kinds ...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
Monday, January 09, 2006
Maybe Sunday Come on Monday Baby anytime this week Get an old house Find a backyard Buy some flowers down the street
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment