Saturday, November 11, 2006

What puts a hundred thousand children in the sand? Belief can, belief can What puts a folded flag inside his mother's hand? Belief can, belief can

After seven years of volunteering I am still being shown that I need to be there. Believe me, over the years I have tested the question of leaving - finding a new opportunity, one that could be more 'fun'. Despite the testing, I have always come to the answer that I shouldn't go. Whenever I have taken some time away from it, the day I come back has always been a day I am reminded why I should return ----thanks to whomever I end up speaking to that day. There are so many people in this world who don't have someone to talk to -- not one person. Can you imagine such a life? I am constantly reminded of the purpose of serving and my importance to serve others as a part of my life.

Speaking of remembering, I hope everyone got a chance to give a moment to the men and women who have served and are currently serving not only our country but also each other.

0 comments: