Sunday, November 26, 2006

But Colorado rocky mountain high I've seen it raining fire in the sky The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye

I have to address the extreme amount of snow. There's a lot. I love how everything gets quieter and pure looking when it snows. When I woke up this morning, I felt calm and protected - it's funny how the snow makes me feel that way. I guess it's because you realize it's not necessary to go anywhere. Getting all the errands done doesn't seem as important. It forces you to stop and do other things. And I for one, need that from time to time. In the stillness of the falling snow, I awoke and blended a special aromatherapy scent and spent the rest of the morning enjoying the stillness. I am laughing at myself right now because I know some of you will read this and think 'that fatima and her essential oils...' What can I say...it was therapeutic. Everyone needs a snowfall once in a while.


I have been listening to John Denver lately. Specifically, John Denver's Greatest Hits, released in 1973. When I was little, my parents had the 8 track and it was one of the ones we listened to a lot. It's one of my earliest childhood memories, listening to his songs. I don't know how many times I listened to that 8 track. He was such a great song writer. I love that he wrote about environmental issues, struggles of the time, and the comforts and beauty of his homeland. He was a soulful artist. Listening to his music takes me back to when I was a little girl, setting up the 8 track ghetto blaster in the living room listening to 'Sunshine on my Shoulders'. I'd feel happy. Check out his music if you are interested.


A big mass of snow as seen through my window:

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: