Sunday, November 05, 2006

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time

So many of you know that I had a job with the government years ago facilitating violence prevention workshops throughout this great Province of ours. It was one of the most difficult and greatest times of my life. A true growing experience. A lot of you have heard me talk about those experiences and so now that the timing seems to be right (hope I'm not breaking some sort of Gov't statute of limitations) I am publishing some of the photos I collected over that span of time. Most of the people in these pictures became like family because we spent so much time working together, travelling together, eating and sleeping together. It was a very unique working experience, one that I know I'll never have again.

I don't think any of you have seen any of these... I hope they will be interesting to you. Being that Blogger seems to only be allowing me to publish four pictures in one post, I'll be publishing a series, a mini-series if you will. Let's begin....

Our first road trip to Smithers with Ryan and Travis where we worked for a week. Here is the view from my room at the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in. Yes, a McDonald's right across the street which served as our dinner the first night we were there. I had the two cheeseburger meal and yes, I do remember it well. Ryan was in heaven because McDonald's was all he ever ate. This caused some tension between him and Travis due to the resulting unappealing smells in their room.














Within an hour of our arrival, it started to snow. Travis and I went across the street to this little park area to frolic. That's our hotel in the background.














Us in the school gym prepping for a show. Travis paced and walked around a lot, Ryan usually slept, and I took pictures and sat in a spot.














I told Travis to do something that was 'him'. So this is what he gave me. It was fitting.

Posted by Picasa












You're probably wondering why I don't have any pictures of Ryan from this trip. That's because he was asleep for most of it. No joke.

More pics to come from various adventures....

0 comments: