Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sail on silvergirl Sail on by Your time has come to shine All your dreams are on their way

Tonight was a special night because I got to spend it with my best friend. During dinner she mentioned to me how I had not 'updated' my blog in quite a while. She is right. I explained to her why and she understood. I have sat down to write here a few times and nothing would come to me. Not that I have nothing to write about, but because so much is in my head that I don't know where to begin. So I begin searching for something to write about that's safe…. And I mean literally searching. Searching for a 'safe' topic and have something to show for it. But for some reason, and a good reason I'm thinking now, it never seems to happen. Maybe I am just one of those people who can't kid themselves…. Even when it comes to blog entries.


However, tonight's inspiration comes from my best friend. She who knows me, she who loves me. I tell her often that no one loves me like she does. She disagrees with me on that. In fact, it is true. She has a unique way of loving me. She knows when and how to comfort me, when not many do. She shows me the truth when my fears overcome me. When I feel like I have nothing to give, she reminds me of my endless capacity to continue. When I am in the midst of something difficult, she tells me that she is proud of me. And in the end I know I will be alright. She tells me she loves me when I need to hear it the most. Most of the time I know she probably doesn't even realize this, but it's true. We are blessed that we've shared a part of our youth together and have seen each other through to the 'young women' that we are today. I picture that when we are old and gray, that we still have each other, that we will walk down the street arm in arm, just like we do now.

0 comments: