Sunday, January 30, 2005

"Life is not what I thought it was twenty-four hours ago; Still I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You."

Once there was a man who was 55 and better. Grampa. On many occasions there would be this budgie who would fly over to his house. It must have escaped from his home and wanted to visit someone else. One day, Grandpa decided to keep Budgie because he came over so often, and Budgie became his pet. Grampa and Budgie loved each other. They had good times together. Budgie would fly out of his cage every day and sit on Grampa's shoulder and give him kisses on the cheek. They were family.
One day Budgie flew out of his cage and sat on Grampa's shoulder like he usually did. He gave Grampa a kiss on the cheek, but this time instead of going back to his cage, he sat on top of Grampa's hand. Budgie took a couple of deep breaths, closed his eyes, and passed on. Grampa was heartbroken. He was very sad and he cried a lot over the loss of Budgie. However, they had a wonderful eight years together. Companions till the end.

When my mom told me this a couple of days ago, it really touched me. I had to try very hard not to cry because it was the sweetest thing I'd heard in a long time. It's a true story. Grampa is actually my second uncle, but I refer to him as Grampa. I've never had a pet, but loving a pet and being loved by one is quite powerful from what I see. I hope Grampa will find another another special pet to share his time with. I'm sure Budgie would want that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that story IS really touching. I think pets have a unique way of sensing how we feel. and Budgie knew that was how he wanted to say bye to Grampa and it was almost like he waited until there special time together to pass on.They were both lucky to have those eight years together.A very special relationship.

Lady of Light said...

Thanks Elmo, I think they were very lucky too. Thanks for reading and commenting :)