Thursday, September 22, 2005

Earth spins and your mind goes round; Green comes on the frozen ground; And everything will be made new again; Like freedom and spring

Had a bit of a scare today. I thought I had lost my little special cosmetic case with my lip glosses and lip liners in it. Perhaps this is not a very big deal to some, however, my lip essentials are just that to me: essential. I hardly ever lose things and when I do, it really bothers me. I had four lip glosses in there along with two lip liners. One of those glosses was brand new. The other three have done their time. When I thought I had lost them, I thought oh well that means I really only have to replace one b/c the other ones would be replaced soon anyways. I thought to myself, well at least I didn't lose my new red lip gloss (I had left that one on my dresser). Yes, red lip gloss! I was with Laura when I got it--I was wanting something different and fun. And red is a fun colour and you can achieve some good looks with it. I might even wear it to work tomorrow.
I'm excited about tomorrow b/c it's Jeans Day at work for the United Way and that means I don't have to wear dressy clothes. My workplace isn't overly dressy, but it's not a jeans environment. I just miss wearing my regular fun clothes. I only get to wear them on the weekends and that's not very much. I think Jeans Day should be every Friday or maybe even every second Friday. I think it makes people a bit more relaxed and they look forward to it, hence making more more pleasant and as a result it increases productivity. I'm going to be the bestest HR person ever! I'm going to do it all! Which reminds me, Shereen still hasn't given me back my Little House DVDs. I bet she loves them.
I am getting together with the old rcmp crew next month for a retirement party for one of the corporals I worked with. It's interesting how the old rcmp gang have all gone our separate ways but for some reason we have remained connected and we're still interested in each other and have kept tabs. That doesn't happen very often. It's actually quite a miracle considering we are from different backgrounds, ages and paths in life. Maybe it's because we all shared such an intense work experience with each other--- but I think it's because we all genuinely like each other aside from work. Looking back, it was a very significant time for each of us, not just in work but also in our personal lives. It was like a family of sorts. Funny, because the men that I worked with there were much older than me and were married with kids. However, I don't think i have ever felt more like a lady than I did around them. They always made me feel special and they were all very chivalrous. I remember when Gambs took Bumba and I to the special valentines party at the Mess Hall as his dates so we could get roses (becasue every girl that came in got a rose). I remember how John would always help Bumba and I with our coats and pull out our chairs for us when we'd go on our special lunches with the gang. I remember having some good talks with John about relationships and he really helped me understand the faults of men. I remember MervSherv's jokes and how he would always be ready for a good time. I remember Brutha Doug's sweet demeanor and how he would always compliment me. I don't know why, but I just seem to be blessed with these great male role models who have helped me and who have respected me. I think this is why my intuitions about men are strong. When you feel special and admired and respected in your everyday life by good male role models, that's what you seek out in the men who come into your potential relationship life. You look for substance and you're just better at distinguishing what's real and what is not. It's so easy to lose your instincts when it comes to men sometimes. I think it is because of the male role models in my life that I've been able to make good choices for myself.
I always wonder why girls don't ask more questions to the guys they are dating. I remember discussing this with Laura and Doug (not a work Doug, Doug Clarke Jr.) about asking questions on the first date. Doug thought it was interesting that I would ask my types of questions. Well, what am I supposed to do, just sit there and wait for a guy to like me? What about me liking them? That's the only way you know if you are compatible, and isn't that the purpose of dating? Well, I can go on and on regarding this topic, but I don't have all the answers, but I sure do know how to ask a good question. Good night.

0 comments: