Thursday, September 15, 2005

There's a wind in my sails; Will protect and prevail; I just spent 6 months in a leaky boat; Nothing to it leaky boat

Speaking of which, I saw a lovely boat last night. It sure was pretty and shiny. It sparkled. Kind of like mini yacht. Something like Seth would have on the OC. Ahhh Seth.

Why does the phone ring when you don't want it to?

First day of school was really good. My HR Management class. I didn't feel like going as I didn't get enough sleep the night before and it was a busy day at work. When you have to use your brain so much throughout the day problem solving for others, the thought of going to school and doing a few more hours of it isn't always appealing. However, I got to class and saw that the seating arrangement had us all sitting in a circle. All 9 of us. 8 women and 1 guy. Marty--he's a lucky man. What I absolutely enjoy about my class is that we discuss real issues in the workplace and the possible solutions. The problems make you think critically of all possible solutions, not just the right and wrong way. The class is more of a seminar than a lecture. Our teacher gives us an HR question and we have to work in our groups to come up with an answer then present it and discuss. That's basically the way the class is designed. I think I will like it.

I like my teacher Alex. He laughed at my jokes. But then, so did everyone else. So, in that class the participation mark is quite high, 25%. So basically it's a giveaway that you should have some relevant things to say in class. He let us go early that day too, and I was thankful b/c I was quite tired. However, I felt like I put in a good day's work.

Another teacher I am going to enjoy. I made a point to tell the guy upstairs thank you for blessing me with such great teachers. I was getting swells of tears in my eyes thinking about it.

I also started my Management class. There's a lot of work in that one. 10 assignments. That's quite a bit.

0 comments: