Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well...

Over the weekend, I attended my first Christmas party of the season, specifically a 'Santa Soiree' as my friend termed it. It was a great party. Ask me if you want details.
I am sitting there, flipping through my friend's (and Christmas party host) new photo album of various volleyball trips he's taken over the past several months and strikingly I spot this guy who I went to school. He was my buddy from senior high. 10 years since I'd seen him I think. Sitting there and looking at the pictures, I found out that he plays volleyball with my friend and that he was going to be at the party. Small world isn't it?
When we saw each other it was like high school for me. Except I like to think I look a lot different and that no one would recognize me now. I know it's silly, but I always think that people I went to school with won't recognize me. Maybe it's because I have an extra good memory of all the people I went to school with and I assume that their memories aren't as vivid. What can I say, I'm vivid, sometimes too much so. Popular or unpopular, I remember significant things about each person. As Laura is apt to say, 'Fatima knows the first and last names of everyone we went to school with.' Well, I like names, that's why. Names should be remembered and used as often as possible.
I've included a pic of the 'reunion' of me and my high school bud, Tony. I find Dean in the background eating the cake I brought quite humorous.... so I didn't crop him out. It was Hedgehog cake from Sweet Obsessions. I didn't even get to taste it, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it a lot. I felt that cake in the early morning hours wouldn't be a good idea. I've been having a craving for it ever since.... sigh.
Looking at that picture I'm thinking hey so that's what I look like at 2am.....

Tony and I @ Santa Soiree Dec.03.2005 Posted by Picasa

0 comments: