
The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: "A Most Illogical Holiday" (1968)
Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on a wintry world where elves toil for a mysterious master, revealed to be Santa just prior to the first commercial break. Santa, enraged, kills Ensign Jones and attacks the Enterprise in his sleigh. As Scotty works to keep the power flowing to the shields, Kirk and Bones infiltrate Santa's headquarters.
With the help of the comely and lonely Mrs. Claus, Kirk is led to the heart of the workshop, where he learns the truth: Santa is himself a pawn to a master computer, whose initial program is based on an ancient book of children's Christmas tales. Kirk engages the master computer in a battle of wits, demanding the computer explain how it is physically possible for Santa to deliver gifts to all the children in the universe in a single night. The master computer, confronted with this computational anomaly, self-destructs; Santa, freed from mental enslavement, releases the elves and begins a new, democratic society. Back on the ship, Bones and Spock bicker about the meaning of Christmas, an argument which ends when Scotty appears on the bridge with egg nog made with Romulan Ale.
Filmed during the series' run, this episode was never shown on network television and was offered in syndication only once, in 1975. Star Trek fans hint the episode was later personally destroyed by Gene Roddenberry. Rumor suggests Harlan Ellison may have written the original script; asked about the episode at 1978's IgunaCon II science fiction convention, however, Ellison described the episode as "a quiescently glistening cherem of pus."
Couldn't have said it better myself. Sorry Trekkies.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas filled with good food, friends, family and laughter. Peace.
Do people walk away from being with me having a sense that they are loved, worthy, and have much to offer?
About Me
- Lady of Light
- I'm a Cancer. I have curly hair. I practice yoga. I knit. Music is my muse. Food is my friend. I dabble in aromatherapy. I am hardly ever without a good lotion or a choice essential oil. Sometimes I cry, but I laugh mostly. Everyone should sleep on nice linens. I like people with good hearts. My favorite colour is red. Curtains dress up a room nicely. I'm an Indian Princess.
Facebook Badge
Subscribe via email
Categories
- 1973 (1)
- 2010 (1)
- 2012 (1)
- Animation (1)
- Augustana (1)
- Bear Creek Park (1)
- Belief (1)
- Bowen Island (1)
- Choice (1)
- Christmas 2006 (2)
- Courage (1)
- Daughter (1)
- Daydreams (1)
- Discover (1)
- Dreams (2)
- Free form (1)
- Gift (1)
- Giving (2)
- Gratitude (1)
- Hope (2)
- Internet (1)
- John Denver (1)
- Learning (2)
- Life (1)
- Living (2)
- Love (2)
- Mo (1)
- Mother (2)
- Music (2)
- New Year (2)
- Pictures (2)
- Pocoyo (1)
- Poem (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Reflections (1)
- Service (1)
- Spirit (1)
- Stone (1)
- Thanksgiving (1)
- Vultures (1)
- Water (1)
- Web 2.0 (1)
- Window (1)
- Winter 2006 (1)
- World (2)
- Writer's block (1)
- Writing (1)
- You Tube (1)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(50)
-
▼
December
(8)
- I need a different now Where we can wear each othe...
- The rhymes you hear are the rhymes of Darryl's But...
- And the joke is When he awoke his Body was covered...
- I can't do the long division Will someone do the m...
- I want to travel through time See your surprise Ho...
- You might see a different man But baby here I am
- Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too we...
- Drench yourself in words unspoken; Live your life ...
-
▼
December
(8)
Popular Posts
-
Tonight, I've got a lot on my mind. The weeks go by so fast, too fast it seems at times. I don't think I've ever had as full day...
-
Today I heard something....I don't remember where I heard it or who said it or the history of it, but it goes like this: If you accept t...
-
I bet not many people do the following. If you do, let me know so we can 'discuss'...... I was driving home this morning when I star...
-
Meet my five year- old cousin Priya. She is the pride and little joy of our family. I was fortunate enough to help out at the Kid's Pa...
-
Today I am very thankful for truth. Pure and simple. There is a lot of power in the clarity that truth provides. There is no doubt that find...
-
Amy correctly guessed the Jan 25th song.... The Champa flower is a flower of the East. The Beloved flower of the country Laos. In fact, ...
-
Welcome to the world of change. This past few months have brought with them so many changes and turns in life. Changes in family, job, frie...
-
My cousin Shaft and my mom @ Victoria Harbour. Shaft's mom (my Aunt) and I @ Butchart Gardens .
-
October 20th was Mo (my beautiful friend) andParm's engagement ceremony/celebration. We had lots of fun and danced the until our feet we...
-
I'm sitting here, but what I really should be doing is going to bed. My behavior would be scolded by Laura. Not only did she scold me f...
Sunday, December 25, 2005
The rhymes you hear are the rhymes of Darryl's But each and every year we bust Christmas carrols
Posted by Lady of Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment