Sunday, December 11, 2005

I want to travel through time See your surprise Hold you so tight I'm counting down the days tonight....

Let's commemorate. A few minutes before midnight I finished my last final exam for this semester. Joy!

Today was my Uncle's 42nd birthday. We went out for a family dinner. I was glad Brian and Nick were there. Brian just got his driver's license. Oh to be 16 again.... no thanks. We all shared this fried banana dessert with ice cream. Nick noted that the ice cream scoop had 'silver balls' on it. He got a talking to from his dad about that. Hey cousin, those are called sprinkles! Use the correct terminology. He proceeded to say that the bananas looked like 'caca'. Excuse my cousin, he is a seeker of attention and a self proclaimed entertainer. Plus, he is 11 years old. But so loveable. I could just sit there and watch his antics all day long. He is self-amused. And when I say self-amused I mean he talks to himself and makes faces and is constantly using his imagination to do something or other. But the thing is, that he has this deepness that he shows once in a while and a unique insight for an 11 year old. Children are so fascinating.

Nick did not want to hug or kiss me when I left. He gets embarassed with that sort of stuff. In that moment, he shifts into escape mode. I was amused.

The owner of the restaurant knew my dad and when my mom and I walked in he asked my mom how she was related to my dad. Ha ha. I knew where this was going. She said I am his wife. Lightbulb flash. Later the owner told my dad that my mom looked like she was 26. That basically made my mom's night. We have the young looking genes in our family. My dad is a lucky man.

Now that school is over for a few weeks, I can spend my time doing the things I love-- lots of yoga and getting to see all the people who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Christmas stuff of course, and I plan to finish the book I've been reading. It will be nice to come home from a day of work and know that I don't have another 4 hours of work to do. Right now I am really tired, but I feel so good and happy. It's the kind of tired you bask in because you know you've put in a good day and you've earned it. Well, I think i've put in a good 3 months. I am excited about the surprises that await me in the next 3.

0 comments: